NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

Hot Potato "Official game central"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

First things first! I don't wanna take credit for the game whatsoever! This is and was Kennys original idea worshippy

That said! Some people were exciting to get it started so I just felt the responsibility to make it done!

The building (built by our favorite Italian Stef) for the game is located at spawn right by the portalhub.
Inside you will find signs with players participating as well as their coords for their "Potatochest".

There is a chest in the middle containing 2 books! One is for the rules/guides and the other is for the coords to each players chest.
Please read the rules so you are clear on how the game works.
If you bring the CCC (Chest Coords Central) book with you to find a players chest DON'T forget to bring it back in mint condition tongue But I recommend to write it down on a piece of paper so you don't risk losing it.

===========
Hot Potato
Rule & Guide
===========
Hot Potato is a game where anyone can participating. The Basic rule is simple. If your chest contains the "Hot Potato" you have a certain time limit to move it to another players chest located at their base.

The coordinates for each players chest is written on the wall inside the "Hot Potato" building at spawn, and also in the CCC (Chest Coords Central) book.
Should a player move his or hers chest they have to change the coords in the book and on sign.

When you give a player the "Hot Potato" you have to make a post in this thread stating who you gave it to. That player then has 24 hours to move it to another player. Should you fail to move it within the time you have to pay 1 diamond to the player that placed the "Hot Potato".
A player that just had the "Hot Potato" will be immune for 48 hours (2 days) before s/he can have it again.

=======================
Not in the game? Fear not.

Place a chest on top of a redstonelamp with a lever. Write down the coordinates and place a sign inside the "Hot Potato" building in the same style as the others.
That's it. You are in the game!
=======================

Participants...so far:
Mefiles, Met4nolo, FireChrist, Lordagaton, HaydenDormer, Inwe_Telrunya, OhohLau, Kafunamapa, Everspine, Dactylicapple52, MrsMeowys, Krby4ever24, Kennymister333, KelPet

Last edited by MrsMeowys on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added names of participants)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
kennymister333

kennymister333

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Got called into work Saturday, still taking care of my mom to she just had surgery when is good for you I am off Wednesday and Thursday, sorry if I prioritize my family before the game, I also have bills to pay.
Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:29 pm

kennymister333 wrote:
Got called into work Saturday, still taking care of my mom to she just had surgery when is good for you I am off Wednesday and Thursday, sorry if I prioritize my family before the game, I also have bills to pay.

Can you stop taking everything as a personal attack ?

Luisa just said it wont happen if no one else starts it, which is true amazed
Back to top Go down
kennymister333

kennymister333

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:36 pm

I kinda seemed like it was, sorry when I am on and have time Lord isn't, I am trying to be fair and incorporate his rules since he did me a favor and put the game into action while I couldn't. Anyways I'll be on the game/Ts in like 10-20 mins I have to start making dinner.
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

Humor : Dark, Very Dark
Awards : Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 Empty
DIAMONDS! EMERALDS! fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Game will start soon Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.namelesscraft.org
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:56 am

kennymister333 wrote:

Don't worry man! I would do the same in your situation! We work on the game when you get back into the groove. :D
Back to top Go down
Drock_55555

Drock_55555

Humor : Eating Souls Since '95 >=D

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Idk when its gonna be officially started, but I have joined! >:D
Back to top Go down
cmasanz

cmasanz

Humor : When there's a will there's a way :)

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Put my Name in too please Smiley
Back to top Go down
Drock_55555

Drock_55555

Humor : Eating Souls Since '95 >=D

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:51 pm

All you have to do is go to spawn and put a sign with coords to your potato chest
Back to top Go down
Inwe_Telrunya

Inwe_Telrunya

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:27 am

Drock_55555 wrote:
All you have to do is go to spawn and put a sign with coords to your potato chest

And make a potato chest, of course Hehe Just place a chest on a redstone lamp with a lever at your base. Put your coords up in the potato building at spawn, and you're in!
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:41 pm

SORRY, I forgot about this completely LOL!

I will start a game tonight Smiley
Back to top Go down
cmasanz

cmasanz

Humor : When there's a will there's a way :)

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:40 pm

I just put my chest coords on the message boards at spawn Smiley
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:05 pm

cmasanz wrote:
I just put my chest coords on the message boards at spawn Smiley
Coordinates of it plox Wink
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 am

I had a discussion with Kenny and gonna rewrite the rules slightly tomorrow to make the game even more interesting.
So the game should be up and running by tomorrow night (night for me).

Smiley
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 1:09 am

uhhh I am going to do it this time.
You can do it next game.
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:22 am

MrsMeowys wrote:
uhhh I am going to do it this time.
You can do it next game.

You seem to wanna have a finger in "everything" so I think I'm leaving the ship xD

There is a swedish saying that goes: With too many chefs you get bad soup.
Which means you don't always benefit from being more people on a project.

I just tried to be helpful for Kenny making the game working and now implementing his rules he first had in mind but it's not gonna work with so...

I will still be participating in the game thumbsup

Take care of the game!
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:35 am

Why so dramatic?.... Huh? I said long time ago I was gona do the first game, to show how it can be organized and to show how it works, and you agreed... The more games we do, the more we can suggest/change to make it better. Sleep

I am just doing a "test" game so everyone can see how it works Rolling Eyes no need for drama, really.

You can totally take care of game #2, I don't mind, neither does everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 2:27 pm

There is no drama here lol just my opinions! Wink

And there would just be more confusing if we change the "rules" each time we start a game in case some people don't read the forums or rules as have seen with ripd for example so better stick with ONE way to play it.
Maybe we should have a vote on it and have like 2-3 different ways and the community and participants can vote so we get the mode the most wants to have Yes!
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 2:32 pm

RIPD and UHC changed rules overtime... o_o
Back to top Go down
Inwe_Telrunya

Inwe_Telrunya

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Lordagaton wrote:

This is an English saying as well: Too many cooks spoil the broth! /teachermode

I think Kenny should have a clear say in how he had imagined the rules, but I don't mind playing a round with different rules right now, and hearing Kenny's version next. As long as we eventually settle on a set of rules 'permanently' so everything is clear =)
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 6:33 am

Inwe_Telrunya wrote:
Lordagaton wrote:

This is an English saying as well: Too many cooks spoil the broth! /teachermode

I think Kenny should have a clear say in how he had imagined the rules, but I don't mind playing a round with different rules right now, and hearing Kenny's version next. As long as we eventually settle on a set of rules 'permanently' so everything is clear =)

Haha, nice! Had no idea it existed in English as well. Thanks for teaching me teacher Razz

Basically what Kenny had in mind was to do it like elimination! If you failed to move the potato you had to put in diamonds in a chest that would go to the last person left!

Obviously the game can be played in a lot of ways! We could even have multiple potatoes at once, that's why I named a few extra in case this sounded interesting!
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 am

Like I said........ and you seem to not understand yet. All I am doing is a test game so people can see how it works and stuff. Since the very first game you did kinda failed, and you know it.

Was just trying to help, geez. disgust
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:21 am

MrsMeowys wrote:
Since the very first game you did kinda failed, and you know it.

I can't see how it is my fault the game was a failure. i dont know The game was straight forward. Move the potato within 24 hours or pay a diamond to the placer...but for some reason it wasn't clear enough. But I agree with Mefiles that people don't read rules! shifty

With that said can't we just stop arguing over this now. You made your point I made mine...THE END Smiley
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:24 am

I am not arguing, I am going straight to a point.

The reason the very first didn't work was because of the lack of communication and publicity, as simple as that. You just rushed it basically.

I don't see why everyone sees my arguments as "arguing" everytime, but okay... Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 3:53 pm

The latest game of hot potato is finished and we should start another.
One thing though about the game is it seems pretty easy to move the potato within 24 hours! Everyone moved the potato in good time before penalty was due so some input from everyone that is participating if we should change the time or make it more "difficult" so it gets more challenging and rewarding would be great! Maybe change it to 12 hours? Have multiple potatoes out at the same time!
Give me som feedback and ideas! Wink

And is everyone in agreement on testing Kennys idea of doing a elimination! If you don't move potato you are out (until next game) and has to put in a number of Diamonds (1-3?) in a chest that will go to the winner?
Back to top Go down
Metanolo

Metanolo

Humor : Redstone is evil

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:57 pm

I like the elimination gameplay, and also, IF we are going to use multiple potatoes at once, I would set a rule that everybody can own only one potato at time. Notice that this way the "past owners-immunity" could be a problem. May happen that you do not know where to put a potato becouse everyone has immunity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lenutrie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Potato "Official game central" Hot Potato "Official game central" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Potato "Official game central"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next