NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

R.I.P.D. 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

Humor : What's that ?
fdgddhgsfj

R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right , there were few changes arround death games (R.I.P.D.) .
First , I rebuilt whole building :-P . It's in same place , located at X244 Y67 Z318 at spawn .

There are some changes in rules, so make sure you check it out while in server . Just to highlight one rule ; Every Diamond you get for killing or beeing killed must be put in designated chest . In end of each month , person with most kills gets 70% Diamonds, second most kills gets 20% and 3rd gets 10% . I made it that way to encourage more activity , becose now you have chance to get more Diamonds than before ;-)

Also , I added 1 set of gear to use with Jocker sword !

As mentioned in server , you can only use gear and potions provided by R.I.P.D. . Only exception are Golden Apples , you can use them too if you want (I'm not providing them though) .

Last thing for now .. do not kill any one while in Nether, End, near Lava or any fire source . Do not engage people that are AFK . There is no "safe" spots .
Any one that is not following rules will be removed from death games and it will be taken from him 10 Diamonds, even by force and Diamonds will be used as price by end of month .

Now for gear , it contains ; Diamond Helmet (Protection 3) , Iron Chestplate (Protection 3) , Iron Leggings (Protection 3) , Iron Boots (Protection 3 , Feather Falling 4) , Iron Sword (Sharpness 4, Fire Aspect 2) , Bow (Power 3) .
For Jocker sword (Diamond sword (Sharpness 5, Fire Aspect 2, Knockback 2)) , Diamond Boots (Feather Falling 4, Protection 3)

So, if you are participating, make sure you won't be surprised if killed while having weak gear . You are not forced to be in death games, you are in by your own will ;-)

Some pics....
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 pm

MrsMeowys wrote:
lol at 2 names

lol at Luisa not playing any more :-( some one needs to yell at others, we miss that :-P
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:55 am

New "Joker" gear ! If you see "R.I.P.D. Joker" stone sword in chest, leave it there and pick up "Joker" gear on left side of building . Don't forget, kill with Joker sword is worth 2 Diamonds !

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Also , any suggestion on what you would like to see in R.I.P.D. (not building, the actual game) are welcomed :-)
Back to top Go down
OhOhLau

OhOhLau

Humor : Q: If your wife is shouting at the front door and your dog is barking at the back door, who do you let in first? A: The dog -- at least he'll quiet down after you let him in.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm

MrMefiles wrote:
New "Joker" gear ! If you see "R.I.P.D. Joker" stone sword in chest, leave it there and pick up "Joker" gear on left side of building . Don't forget, kill with Joker sword is worth 2 Diamonds !

Also , any suggestion on what you would like to see in R.I.P.D. (not building, the actual game) are welcomed :-)

If I'm to be honest, I don't like that 2 players can come and kill you, sometimes it's hard enough killing just one, that's just my opinion though Smiley
Back to top Go down
KiLlerWiLd

KiLlerWiLd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 pm

OhOhLau wrote:
MrMefiles wrote:

If I'm to be honest, I don't like that 2 players can come and kill you, sometimes it's hard enough killing just one, that's just my opinion though Smiley

How would you kill Kirby with twice the amount of health than a normal player (20 hearts instead of 10 hearts), it's impossible basically without using lava.
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

Humor : "Everyday ia the day that you'll get crazy." ~My dog, Sophie

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 5:25 pm

I have a question, what if your name is in the chest and you're in the building with one or 2 people that are gearing up to kill you, are you allowed to kill them before they get you?
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm

KiLlerWiLd wrote:
OhOhLau wrote:
MrMefiles wrote:

How would you kill Kirby with twice the amount of health than a normal player (20 hearts instead of 10 hearts), it's impossible basically without using lava.

Even with two people it was not easy to get those 20 hearts down. But I can understand what Aiden means with 2 people coming after you that it can he hard in the other direction where 1 player has to take down 20 hearts. It is a give and take situation for sure confused
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 pm

OhOhLau wrote:

If you think you can't get that person by you self, then getting some one to help you is good idea, probably like Killer said, it is hard to kill some one who have double amount of health ( that's easy to check trough Dynmap :-) )

Kirby4Ever wrote:
I have a question, what if your name is in the chest and you're in the building with one or 2 people that are gearing up to kill you, are you allowed to kill them before they get you?

If you think they are going for you, you can not kill them before they "gear up" . You can do next ; either you remove your name by clicking button to shuffle names, or wait for them / him to gear up and have fair fight ;-)
Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

It isnt too difficult to kill someone with double the amount of hearts if you don't suck
Back to top Go down
KiLlerWiLd

KiLlerWiLd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

MrMeowys wrote:
It isnt too difficult to kill someone with double the amount of hearts if you don't suck

Okay, bet you haven't experienced trying to kill a n00b with 40 health before? :D

only joking kirby tongue
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

KiLlerWiLd wrote:
MrMeowys wrote:

Okay, bet you haven't experienced trying to kill a n00b with 40 health before? :D

only joking kirby tongue

It's alright, I was cornered, lol. tongue
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Rewriting rules ! All suggestions here .
Back to top Go down
OhOhLau

OhOhLau

Humor : Q: If your wife is shouting at the front door and your dog is barking at the back door, who do you let in first? A: The dog -- at least he'll quiet down after you let him in.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:32 am

Something about the afk situation, I suggest this; 'If you go afk, use /me afk, that way, we can scroll up chat to be sure'.

We shouldn't need this rule, but it seems we need it.
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 am

OhOhLau wrote:
Something about the afk situation, I suggest this; 'If you go afk, use /me afk, that way, we can scroll up chat to be sure'.

Sadly that can't work if let's say I just log on and see some ones name in chest, I cannot know if that person afk's or not (specialy if that person is only on server at that time (not everyone says "hello" too)) .

Now for gear .. UHC gear is way too op against death games armor / sword / bow . To prove it , I did use it against KillerWild yesterday when he was after me , I managed to kill him in only 2 hits and by only using Sharpness 2 sword . Reason ? Helmet with 50% (or whateveritis) more attack damage , also thing that has Projectile Protection 5 on it , even if you hit me with power 5 bow I get at most 0.5 hearts of damage .
To "balance" that I am thinking of this ; If you weare all the time this UHC gear, don't even be in Death Games since it's impossible to kill you (unless you are in some hole you can't get out and afk) .

I have tried to balance Death Games armor to people wearing at most protection 3 diamond gear (on 3 peaces) , some people even asked for Fire Aspect on them, so I added that too . If you think I should change armor peaces and what to have on them, be free to post it here ;-)

- Changing names : Sadly even if I do make it to change every 10 - 20 - 50 minutes, that does not mean it will change at exact that time . In order for timer / daylight sensor to work, chunks at that area must be loaded . Now even if I have built it within spawn chunks, that does not mean it works, sensor still only works if some one is in that area, so timing will never be same (that's why you mostly see same people in chest) . I could make randomizer that will change names only when certain item get's in place and to change names, but that would cause lag and it won't work just the right way (it could change name within 1 minute or 1 actual day, depending how many people are arround spawn) .
Back to top Go down
KiLlerWiLd

KiLlerWiLd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 am

OhOhLau wrote:

What if there's no one on when you do it and people come on and come to kill you? What happens if it goes out of the chat? What happens if people miss it when scrolling up?
Back to top Go down
FireChrist

FireChrist

Humor : Accepting prayers

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm in favor of not allowing RIPD participants to be allowed to wear UHC gear.
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:04 am

FireChrist wrote:

I think that going after your victim while wearing UHC gear is kinda over powered. It's hard for the unexpected person to defend him/herself and get killed rather quick since the chest plate has 40 hearts and the gear gives some resistance from fire and it takes longer for fire to take real damage. Plus the gear take out the fire as soon as it touches you.
Back to top Go down
FireChrist

FireChrist

Humor : Accepting prayers

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 am

Kirby4ever wrote:
FireChrist wrote:

I think that going after your victim while wearing UHC gear is kinda over powered. It's hard for the unexpected person to defend him/herself and get killed rather quick since the chest plate has 40 hearts and the gear gives some resistance from fire and it takes longer for fire to take real damage. Plus the gear take out the fire as soon as it touches you.

I was talking more about the person being tracked (i.e. You, Kirby) and that this person should not be allowed to be wearing the UHC gear at all time if participating in RIPD.
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:07 am

People that are wearing UHC special armor won't be allowed to play in Death Games (even if it's only 1 peace) .

Do you all agree to leave curent way of rewarding or should I change it back to old sistem where you have to pay person right away ?

Also, some more suggestions would be appretiated :-)
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 pm

I think that the current way of rewards are better.
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Kirby4ever wrote:
I think that the current way of rewards are better.

Ok, more suggestions please :-)
Back to top Go down
KiLlerWiLd

KiLlerWiLd

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Nothing Part from kirby's as it encourages participation.
Back to top Go down
Lordagaton

Lordagaton

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Some feedback from me as well.

With the current gear provided in RIPD the UHC armour should not be allowed. However if we were to use strength potions as hunters that would level out the difference. One piece has a strength boost, one has knockback resistance and one has double health. It is just too much Wink

As Kirby said the current reward system is better

Now for the AFK situation my suggestion is simple. If you need to go AFK tell chat and barricade yourself in a 1x1x2 hut or stay in nether/end. If another plays logs in and don't know about it they will understand if you are barricaded that you are AFK Smiley

My final opinion: if you clear your name you should be safe from anyone currently hunting you. Meaning if you think someone is hunting you and you can beat them too it to clear before getting killed its like a defensive move thumbsup
Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 pm

I like the idea of boxing yourself in to show that you are afk Smiley
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Making "sissy ground" is good idea . Also another idea cold be putting sign in front of your portal in Nether or in side on RIPD building that says you don't wanna be bothered that day / hour untill you remove sign .

There will be no strength potions provided to hunters (same as poison) since sword has fire aspect 2 on it , I will just ban (or restrict) people that are using UHC gear from death games .

I had this idea for if you are about to hunt some one ; Let's say I see some ones name in chest and person is online (weather afk or actually playing) , I could say something like "Party time" (or any code word we agree with) and it will mean I'm about to hunt some one (in that time no one (who participates) should say "afk" or exit game since it would be pointless and cowardly) . That would give fair warning to everyone what is happening and it will give you chance to get prepaired for it .
Now, sadly that would totaly destroy point of surprise moment ...
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Rules have been changed ! You can read them at death games building , after you do you can join death games by moving / adding your named sword in front of building to "Joined" chest . After enough people joins death games will work again .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P.D. 2.0 R.I.P.D. 2.0 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P.D. 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NamelessCraft :: COMMUNITY :: Events-