NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

Spleef arena progress.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

Humor : "Everyday ia the day that you'll get crazy." ~My dog, Sophie

Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

For a while, I been wanting to build a spleef arena. for those who don't know what Spleef is. Spleef is a game where two or more players try to dig under each others feet to make them fall. The arena's floor is normally made of snow blocks, under the arena is normally lava or a bottomless pit. The last person in the arena is the winner.

Personally, I think that lava and a bottomless pit is unfair. Making a bottomless pit would take forever, and I don't like messing with lava since it's hard to get rid of the current scares. Instead of those two, water will be underneath since it's fair and safe.

I never made a spleef arena before, so this is my first time making one. But I have an idea on what it looks like.

Anyways, here's the progress of today. Not much happened since I was busy making the tunnel's floor and what will be the walls. After a while looking around the map, I found a location that's south of my place. It's at an ocean, I don't want to build it near anyone's builds since the arena needs space and I don't want to get the Nether portal connections messed up.
[img:b63b][Only admins are allowed to see this link][Only admins are allowed to see this image]

After walking to the area for half a Minecraft day, I came to the ocean and hopped into a boat to look for a good spot to place the portal. Once I found a spot, I made a dirt pillar that's like around 20 blocks high and made a temporary platform for the Nether portal. Once the portal had been made, I divided the portal's correndents by 8 and wrote down where it needs to be in the Nether.
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I gathered what I need and started looking around for a good spot to make the tunnel. It's tough cause there's not much space at the hub and and I don't want to run into the other tunnels. I found the hole at the back of the hub and didn't know who it belongs to. The tunnel never had a sign saying what the hole it for, but I started thinking that it's a good spot, so I started making the tunnel and place the sign. The tunnel is 4 blocks wide.

As you can see, the tunnel's floor is made of snow blocks, it suppose to represent the Spleef arena's floor since it's also made of snow blocks. But the ones in the tunnel is not for digging. As you can see, it needs to turn around so it can go in the right direction. It turns 3 times.

Ghasts always seems to get in the way and keeping me from working on the tunnel.

Some views of the Nether hub from the tunnel.
Tunnels from closest to furthest are F6's tunnel, my tunnel, and the tunnel that leads to the Blaze farm.

I made a little snow farm when I need to get more snow., it uses up shovels very quickly.

It's 5am right now where I am and I kept on falling asleep. I'll see you guys later.

Last edited by Kirby4ever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:36 am

So what are your plans for the actual spleef arena?
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:49 am

The plan on what the Spleef arena will look like is that it's shaped like a rough oval. The walls are 2 blocks high and the only way in is through a ladder, and the arena floor is made of snow. Stands will be off to the side  to watch the match go on and throw snow balls  at the other players in the arena to try to make them fall into the ocean below. There will be a glass roof where glow stone can hang above the arena to give light at night. The upper deck contains the portal for going in and out of the area where the arena is at, the info and rules board is up in front of the portal while next to it is the snow farm. In between the arena and the snow farm is my office. Near by will be chests that contains snow blocks for the arena to repair the floor after every round. Here's today's pictures.

The chests now has carts at each end of the tunnel.

The dirt pillar and platform was removed and it was replaced with wood. Upper and lower deck is added.

A ladder and some fences had been added. The ladder is to help you gt back up after falling into the ocean and the fence is there to make it look nice.

The info and rules board is placed near the portal, it's hard to miss. The info is on the left and the rules is on the right.

The snow farm is next to the info and rules board, now there's unlimited snow for the arena. You can use the farm if you ever need snow and don't feal like going to a snow biome to get some.

After building my office, I made a bridge and started making the arena itself.

Once I finished the frame of the arena, I made a ladder for going in and out.

I started to add snow for the floor, but it's not finished yet.

More to come, so stay tuned! :D
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 am

Can't wait to play ! My only suggestion is, wouldn't it be easier to have the arena go down 2 blocks rather that have the ladder going up two blocks? Then you could just drop down into the court?
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Wilum1 wrote:
Can't wait to play ! My only suggestion is, wouldn't it be easier to have the arena go down 2 blocks rather that have the ladder going up two blocks? Then you could just drop down into the court?

That sounds like a good idea, Wil. But I have to remove the snow blocks I place though.
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 pm

awww maybe do it after the 1st match then, when the snow has to be replaced?
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Not the entire arena is covered in snow, just a little bit. I just took out the snow floor and making the wall go 2 blocks down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spleef arena progress. Spleef arena progress. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spleef arena progress.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2