NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

UHC Breakdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wilum1

Wilum1

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:48 am

Hi all, I really enjoyed the UHC event, and thought it would be fun if we all posted a rundown of our own experience? Maybe some people want to keep their tactics secret, but you could just skip over those parts if you must?

I'll start, but mine will be short and kinda uninteresting as it was my 1st time and I didn't really know what I was doing... lol

When we were scattered I appeared in a Snow Biome. I had a quick scout round, but thankfully there was no one near me, so I got to punching the nearest tree. I really wanted to find some oak, and try for some apples. So I got enough wood to make all the basic tools, and started running. I killed some pigs along the wat for.

It took a little time, but eventually I got out of the snow, and into a swamp. I chopped some of the oak down, but no luck with the apples. I did collect a few saplins though, and some seeds from nearby grass in case I needed to make a small farm later.

By ths time it was starting to get dark, and I was getting hungry, so I ran around looking for a cave. It took a long time, but eventually I found an opening in some nearby Extreme Hills. Foolishly I took some fall damage getting down into it though... I used my wooden pick to gather some cobble to upgrade my tools. I burned my wooden tools to cook the pork and had a nice dinner, even though it wasn't Vegan! lol... It was dark in my cave though, and my only light was from the furnance, so I made some charcol, then some torches. I went exploring and soon found some coal and made more torches. The cave lead to a deep ravine, with lava and water pouring down the sides. I braved it and swam down the waterfall. I was hoping the shortcut to the lower levels would lead to gold and diamonds! In fact there was plenty of gold down there, but sadly no iron! As I explored I quickly realised I had been reckless to rush down here, as skellies, zombies and spiders started appearing from around every corner. A skelly took me down to 3.5 hearts while I was fighting a water current. Luckily Kenny died around this time, so I wasn't the first to go! I bravely fought off mobs and managed to get enough iron for a pick, but I was fighting a lossing battle, and a group of mobs took me down soon after...

So there you have it. Longer than I thought, but hope you enjoyed it. I'd be interested to hear how others faired...
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

Humor : What's that ?
fdgddhgsfj

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 pm

That was some story  :-)  Yeah , fall damage and skellies are worst thing to happen in UHC .

I started in Desert biome next to Swamp and really close to that Obsidian box . I was geting some wood and luckyli get 2 aples from that . I think i saw 2 peoples really close to me, one of them was running trough desert , and second I think MrMeowys was really close . I had stone sword at that time and it looked like he was charging me, but I did not want to take any damage that early in game so i started to run and hopefully find some hideout . Eventually I have find nice little cave with exposed iron , so I stayed there untill I was shure i'm allone . Cave was pretty promesing , hardly no mobs around me, so I was able to collect ores in peace . Next I get hunting for more food and find chickens, they get me enough feathers to make me stack of arrows , but that was a waste since I did not find any spider to collect string for a bow ... sadly . Lately , I started to explore even more towards spawn , and find desert vilage , where Cluedoe was underground . There started adrenaline pumping , I sneaked into his tunnel and waited for perfect moment to pour lava on him , it was so close ... but just when I do that, my problems have started ... Cluedoe managed to escape, and I was left behind with my Lan problems  :-(  Eventualy it stoped, but then I run into Ross and just when I wanted to do lava trick again, my sister was like "oh, no you wont" and lan killed me before Ross did xD

Never mind, i'm happy that i was able to play with you all , and i can't wait for next UHC or similar event  :-)
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Yeah, the fall damage was silly, but I'm just so used to jumping down big drops with my feather falling, and having my health regenerate that I was just too reckless!

Shame about your connection! Seems you would have done great with your lava bucket! I'll have to remember that for next time!
Back to top Go down
MrMefiles

MrMefiles

Humor : What's that ?
fdgddhgsfj

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Yes, lava bucket is really handy to have in this event :-)
I always do remind miself not to jump around when i was playing, but i also have prakticed in singleplayer worlds , that helped me the most :-)
Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Hmmm.....

After loading my section of the world, I found myself in a foresxt.
I gathered a tiny bit of wood - and was about to make myself an axe....
Before I got sword-rushed by Benjanoob 30seconds into the game!

I ran away, leaving the wood and stuff behind, and escaped into a swamp with just a small 3.5 Hearts left.

I got together some more wood and tried to get some apples in preperation to heal up a bit. (Swamps are the best biomes for apples)
I failed to get any apples, chopping wood from day-night, so I went looking for a nice cave.

I found one - but got pushed into it by a zombie, narrowly avoiding death by fall, and falling onto a small ledge.

Now, with 3 Hearts I went caving.
After mining a couple of pieces of coal, I revealed a hole.
After peeking in for just a second, I get shot by a skeleton inside.

Now with 1/2 a heart, I collected all the iron i needed for a full armor set, an anvil, 1 diamond, a bucket of water/lava, some food, an infinity book, a sharpness 4 book and raided multiple dungeons..
Being level 21 and having over 20 gold, I decided it would be a great time to surface and hunt the apples i desperately needed.

I surfaced at a swamp, the same one i ran to at the start.
I saw a desert village a short ways away and got some food, before going to the swamp and cutting more trees.

In the corner of my screen, I saw Cluedoe charging me - and ran for the village.

I tried to out-manoeuvre him by climbing atop a house - but as soon as I tried to pillar, I panicked and misplaced one before getting 1 Hitted by Cluedoe.
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm

My UHC breakdown is,
My minecraft was black, so no show D;
Back to top Go down
FunkehMelon

FunkehMelon

Humor : Beary bad and unbearable bear jokes =D

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:40 pm

So I guess it is my turn, the funkiest melon's 1st UHC...

So I was pretty much nervous and scared and really thought I was gonna die within minutes.. I spawned in a normal forest biome, it was near a huge extreme hills one too. I was surrounded by dozens of mobs and I was able to get (if I remember correctly) 13 feathers and lots of food. I decided that grabbing everything on the surface then going down for the rest of the time was my plan.. but as the sun just barely started to fall I thought I would start mining, I headed over to the extreme hills biome to see if I could find myself a cave, luckily I did. But the problem is it was full of mobs. I was very careful and took absolutely no damage. Until a skeleton came out of a corner behind me and took me down to 9 and a half hearts. I was able to kill it, but for some reason I was worried so much about the half a heart I decided to hide from dark areas the rest of the mining trip (I was very nervous lol) From the start of the mining trip I was able to get lots of iron and made my armor set, a sword, a pick, and flint and steel incase I found anyone. I was ready... but then I was found by 2 zombies followed up by a creeper and skeleton which dropped me down to 6 and a half hearts... I needed an apple. I went down to mine and found 13 gold along with 6 diamonds. The genius I was I decided not to get more iron for an anvil. I was gonna make an apple to heal me up but first I made a diamond sword and saved the rest of the diamonds for an enchantment table and had no use for the extra 2 diamonds... I went to the surface to go see if I could find some apples. I did find one which helped a lot, I decided I still needed an enchanting table so I went back down and took lots of fall damage.. at one point I took a giant risk and did one parkour jump at half a heart and failed (dang 4 block jumps =/) So I died, I wasn't killed by anyone, it was my foolish mistake.
Back to top Go down
Mc_Ritchie

Mc_Ritchie

Humor : Belgians ain't funny

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 pm

It was my first time too. I was really exited about the event.

I started in a plains biome with chickens and a few pigs. I started punching those chickens and pigs. Gathered some oak. I only managed to find 1 apple and it was getting dark already. So I started digging and found some iron. I then fell asleep because of my huge lack of sleep/rest lately. I really tried to stay up but 50 hours with 2 hours of sleep was too much to handle. (20 hours of hard work included).
So when I woke up 25 minutes later I forgot what I was doing and what my plan was. I noticed I had gold with me and 3.5 hearts left. So I went to the surface to find apples but MysticalRain was 25 blocks away of me at that point. He had diamond armor and a diamond sword so needless to say I died instantly.

Was a fun 15 first minutes though.
Back to top Go down
Mysticalrain

Mysticalrain

Humor : yo mama!

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Mc_Ritchie wrote:
It was my first time too. I was really exited about the event.

I started in a plains biome with chickens and a few pigs. I started punching those chickens and pigs. Gathered some oak. I only managed to find 1 apple and it was getting dark already. So I started digging and found some iron. I then fell asleep because of my huge lack of sleep/rest lately. I really tried to stay up but 50 hours with 2 hours of sleep was too much to handle. (20 hours of hard work included).
So when I woke up 25 minutes later I forgot what I was doing and what my plan was. I noticed I had gold with me and 3.5 hearts left. So I went to the surface to find apples but MysticalRain was 25 blocks away of me at that point. He had diamond armor and a diamond sword so needless to say I died instantly.

Was a fun 15 first minutes though.

I feel bad now, plus it's a she and I only had a diamond chest plate but the others were iron. Same thing, I guess. Sorry though, hope you had gotten some rest. D:
Back to top Go down
Mc_Ritchie

Mc_Ritchie

Humor : Belgians ain't funny

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 am

I'm sorry about that MysticalRain. I suppose I should pay more attention to the names and other info about the players Razz
I'm just not online enough.
Don't feel sorry about that, t'was a good kill.
About the diamond... I guess I was too tired to even see properly.

I'm all good now Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UHC Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: UHC Breakdown UHC Breakdown I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UHC Breakdown

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1