NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

I am currently working on...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Wilum1

Wilum1

I am currently working on... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

I love to hear and see what people are working on, but it's not always easy to go round and catch up with everyone in game. So I thought it would be nice if we all posted about our current projects on this thread, and maybe post updates with progress, or when you complete or start something new!

I am currently working on my underground base. It is deep beneath my fort, from bedrock up! I have finished the entrance / Throne room, and I think I am finally happy with the way it looks. I've finished the storage room and am now working on a dungeon! It's at bedrock level, and looks really creepy with the void fog. Inspired by Carters prison, I may have to get some villagers trapped down there!

I'm at work now, but I'll post some screen shots of what I've done so far.

So... What are YOU working on..?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:52 am

MrsMeowys wrote:
I was joking tongue

I know! gayfight

I've learnt not to be offended by anything you say Lu! badtaste
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:22 pm

what's with the surprise buttsecks emoticon lol
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:27 pm

darknesssins wrote:
what's with the surprise buttsecks emoticon lol

lol, I don't know, I just like to throw it in now and again! i dont know
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:52 pm

haha but that's one of the funniest emoticons i've seen by far xD
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

Humor : Dark, Very Dark
Awards : I am currently working on... - Page 15 Empty
DIAMONDS! EMERALDS! fdgddhgsfj

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:14 pm

;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.namelesscraft.org
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 pm

This has taken me ages, but I finally finished my automated farm with item sorter!

I flooded the ceiling so it looks like a light shower constantly watering the crops:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

But at the flick of a switch, the downpour begins!

Through an extensive series of hoppers, the harvest is sorted into these chests:

Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Was a excellent build Will! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Awesome design! Congrats :D
You are not aquarius are you? Because it really looks like it tongue
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

Humor : "Everyday ia the day that you'll get crazy." ~My dog, Sophie

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm

It looks amazing, Wil! :D How did you get the hoppers to move everything to their proper chests?
Back to top Go down
Mc_Ritchie

Mc_Ritchie

Humor : Belgians ain't funny

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 pm

I love that statue holding the water. Great farm you got yourself there.
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm really please with it. It's literally taken me all day to get it just right! As soon as I fixed something, something else stopped working! lol

It just uses comparators and hoppers to sort the items, and a item elevator to move them up to the chests. I did start off with a water transport system, but the items keep glitching when they went over the hoppers and disappearing! So I ended up just using a couple of stacks of Hoppers...

I'm Gemini Lu, but yeas I was thinking of someone holding a vase pouring out water like Aquarius. Not someone holding a rocket launcher as Nath thought it was...

Oh, I also found a way up to my balloon!

It takes a bit of skill and a little luck, but you can Ender pearl half way up the vines, the up into the basket!
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:18 am

Looks great Wil!
I love your statues xD it just fits, so well Smiley

and I'll prolly not gonna be able to go up ur balloon then Razz I'm so bad at ender pearling
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 am

Lol, give it a try Sam, it's fun and the view is worth it! Shame we can't climb up free hanging vines though... unsure

Can anyone recommend a good automated chicken farm, as I want to build one soon. I'll have a look around, but if anyone has a personal recommendation that they have tried and tested, that's always good. I want something simple that just collects the eggs and maybe shoots them out a dispenser to hatch new chicks?
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 am

i would advise you to build a auto killing platform as well or you'll be flooded with chickens and uber lag your game Razz

just a tip, don't use xisumavoid's design on youtube
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 am

Yes automatic killing would be a bonus, depending on how it looks and fits in with my base. I kinda have a image in my head of how I want it to look, and I know it's silly, but I don't like the idea of having 'battery hens' cooped up in some machine. I'd rather have the chickens on hoppers maybe, that collect the eggs and take them to a dispencer that can be turned on and off? Then I could control the population? But then if you kill them on the hoppers, the raw chicken and feathers would go to the dispencer to, so you'd need an item sorter...

I'm really just thinking out loud at this point. I really need to watch some YouTube videos, but any input is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 am

well you can do that
but usually the dispensers would shoot eggs directly to the killing chamber, so you'll be killing the chickens in a kill chamber and you don't really need the item sorter i guess

you can put the chicken farm and the killing chamber underground?
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:36 am

Oh interesting... so you'd never kill your egg laying chickens. But then what do you do with all your seeds? If you feed it to your egg laying chickens you'd still have to go in and kill some...?

I'm gonna give it some thought, but I think I'll try to use my knowledge and build a custom design for my base. My redstone know how has come a long way recently! lol
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:03 am

Ok, how does this sound.

I'll have the chickens on Hoppers connected to a dispencer for egg collection. I'll breed them with seeds as normal. But when the population is large enough and the egg dispencer is full, I'll have a kill switch that with push all the chickens with water into a kill chamber! Once all the chickens are dead, I can then activate the egg dispencer to hatch new chicks and start the process all over again!
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 am

well that is if you need chickens quick I guess
what I would do is to breed a certain amount of chickens, maybe to ~50 then it'll start laying eggs on hoppers.

hoppers then transfer to eggs to a dispenser, when the dispenser is full, use a redstone circuit to automatically shoot the eggs or you can manually activate the dispenser (this is up to u i guess)

then the dispenser shoots the eggs in a kill chamber where you can just kill the chickens in the kill chamber with whichever method you please. This way, you'll have a fixed amount of chickens and not have over populated number of chickens. you also won't have to always rebreed them with seeds.
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 am

ahh but I like breeding them with seeds, otherwise I have nothing to use them for! Also just hatching chicks for eggs seems slow! I get maybe 2 chickens from a stack of 16 eggs?

I'll keep thinking about it though, as I probably won't get time to start till the end of the week, and there are a couple other things I want to do 1st...

Thanks for the ideas thoug Sam, it's a great help. Normally I just follow YouTube tutorials when building redstone stuff, but lately I've started getting braver! That automatic farm was a load of different stuff I've learnt that I put together for a custom design, and that turned out well... eventually. So I think I'll do the same for my chicken farm.... affraid
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:00 am

Oh, you're doing it for fun? I like my stuffs being fully automatic xD
Well, I'll try to think of some more designs as well (obviously after my exams, oh man, so much I want to do lol) since I also want to change my chicken farm design

OFF TOPIC :
I plan to do this for my cow farm, sadly it doesn't work for pigs / chickens

Where I breed the cows with a water stream towards a half slab space enough for the babies to go through and not the adults.

So when the babies mature to adults, they'll automatically suffocate.
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:07 am

Well it will serve a purpose, as it will provide raw chicken to trade with my villagers. But I want it to fit in with my base and my style of gameplay! I am enjoying the challange of custom redstone builds at the moment though, so yes, it will be for fun as well!

The auto cow killer sounds interesting, I hadn't considered doing something with the cows too... So much to build, so little time!!
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 am

I need cows for the leather for books
Since I made a squid farm, ink sacs should be okay for now. So I'll have to clear up waters and get my chicken farm going for the feathers
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 am

Where did you make the squid farm o.O
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:58 am

It's near my base but I've already closed it off, blending with the mountains
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am currently working on... I am currently working on... - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am currently working on...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NamelessCraft :: Rubbish :: NamelessCraft 1.0 :: MINECRAFT DISCUSSION-