NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

Opinions Please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What looks best?
Quartz
Opinions Please!  I_vote_lcap27%Opinions Please!  I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Sandstone
Opinions Please!  I_vote_lcap18%Opinions Please!  I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Nether Brick
Opinions Please!  I_vote_lcap9%Opinions Please!  I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Cobble
Opinions Please!  I_vote_lcap18%Opinions Please!  I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Stone Bricks
Opinions Please!  I_vote_lcap27%Opinions Please!  I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Dirt / Grass
Opinions Please!  I_vote_lcap0%Opinions Please!  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mossy Cobble
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Wilum1

Wilum1

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm am attempting to build a wooden structure underground. Trouble is there is lava... even though it is covered it is still setting fire to the wood! i dont know I am trying to fill in as much of it as I can with gravel, but I think I'll also make the bottom layer of the wall out of something that won't burn.. So, I'd like your opinions on what looks best! Pics below, Vote in the poll.

Or if you have any other suggestions on how to stop it burning down, let me know. I kinda have my heart set on the birch logs, but I will make it out of stone if I really have to...

Oh, and if you see this H4, do you have a tunnel running under the village..? Cos it kinda goes right over where I want to build up..? badtaste

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever

Humor : "Everyday ia the day that you'll get crazy." ~My dog, Sophie

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:00 pm

I think quartz looks good since it matches the logs.
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Yeah, I like the color of the quartz, but the polished finished looks a bit to formal don't you think?

Oh and H4, I followed the tunnel, it goes from your train station thing, all the way under the village to Sam's Gold Farm...? I broke into a section of the tunnel as I was building, but I can but it back. Or I could redirect your tunnel around my build for you if you are gonna use it? Or I might just rethink the whole thing, since I am right up against Dion's basement with tunnel network under the village, and now your big tunnel under the village... humpf
Back to top Go down
H4ukka

H4ukka

Humor : None

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes I plan to use that tunnel. Redirect it if you want. Might be sometime before I'll put the tracks in
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:49 pm

H4ukka wrote:
Yes I plan to use that tunnel. Redirect it if you want. Might be sometime before I'll put the tracks in

Ok, I'll have a rethink on how I'm gonna expand my base...
Back to top Go down
Infamous_sniper21

Infamous_sniper21

Humor : Not a comedian in anyway :-(

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:48 pm

The thing I love about stone bricks: they go with everything and you could build something entirely out of them and it would look good as long as there is some kind of shape to it. Smiley
Back to top Go down
Krabbetjuh

Krabbetjuh

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Personally i would use the Stone Bricks or the Quartz. You can also bonemeal the grass but i think that will catch fire...
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Ok, I have spent all evening clearing out the lava! Several stacks of Obsidian, and a few hours later, nothing should set fire! So I could just have Birch logs at the bottom? But the trim might be nice? Stone bricks do look good with everything, but if you know my fort, the whole place is made of the stuff, which is why I wanted to do something different... Though I guess the stone bricks may tie it in with the rest of the base a little..?

H4, if you are not going to use the tunnel anytime soon, I may just dig up, then make your tunnel go around my base once I have finished?

For a village with a no underground construction rule, there sure is a lot of stuff under there... i dont know xD
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

Humor : Dark, Very Dark
Awards : Opinions Please!  Empty
DIAMONDS! EMERALDS! fdgddhgsfj

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

I really like the contrast with the sandstone, looks it less visual breaking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.namelesscraft.org
Luysita

Luysita

Humor : Dark, Very Dark
Awards : Opinions Please!  Empty
DIAMONDS! EMERALDS! fdgddhgsfj

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Quartz had more votes Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.namelesscraft.org
Wilum1

Wilum1

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:59 pm

It's tied with Stone Brick now! But I shall see once I have finished the shell, and start putting stuff into it! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
h0micid3

h0micid3

Humor : Deepest dark.

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Stone Brick rules. Use it always! :D It is a subtle block and doesn't stick out so bad as quartz does.
Back to top Go down
darknesssins

darknesssins

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:53 am

Wil, yeah, try adding more interior then it'll prolly be easier to judge that way? ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions Please!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions Please! Opinions Please!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions Please!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NamelessCraft :: Rubbish :: NamelessCraft 1.0 :: MINECRAFT DISCUSSION-