NamelessCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for NamelessCraft MineCraft Server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
NamelessCraft has a new website/domain

http://namelesscraft.net

New People

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ProudRiver

ProudRiver

New People Empty
PostSubject: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:36 am

One issue I have been seeing when new people arrive on server is being killed quickly and not able to get to we are without guidance. Both of these are part of minecraft, I get it, but if we want to keep new and make, at least, the first impression a positive one I was thinking of a few solutions.

1. A well laid out set of instruction on how to get to the city.
-- I am new and had to guide a few people to the city. I sucked at it a little bit, eventually we got here, but everything is a bit difficult unless you've ran on the server more than a few days. Not a huge issue but one that could improve a deadly situation into a positive situation.

2. The path from the nether mall, what I call it, to get to the city is a dangerous on.
-- Again, you lay minecraft you take up the risk, like getting shot by a ghast, but when you have nothing, the sake is low, but annoying when shot and killed on your way to the city. I am willing to help out on making a hallway to portals so that fire and ghast will not destroy us newbies. Smiley

3. A regular supply of food for server newbies.
-- I know when I was first on the server there was food, which I appreciated very much. Thanks to those who supplied it. Now I'm not saying give them anything more than a bit of food to get them on their way. I think this sends a message of -- you're welcome to stay and try to do your best to survive good luck, or something to that effect. heh. I am willing again to help out on this, put a few ovens out and cook a few hundred potatoes is pretty simple.

People die all the time in minecraft and that is fine. It sucks, we all have to get over it or quit, but more what I was thinking was just a small, hey you really are welcome to the server, here is a bit to get you going.

I am posting this so I can get other people's input on what they think about what I said, for or against and please post what you really think.

Thanks
P.R.

Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors in advanced. Smiley
Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:09 am

I agree with giving the newbies more protection, I put a mooshroom farm there and a wheat farm, maybe ill add some potato farms and carrot farms too... along with the furnaces..

As for the tunnel, I really dont know how to go about it, i attempted to make one before, but it was just.. ugly?
I am very keen on aesthetics and if i mess up even slightly i usually scrap the idea, so if you've any nice ones for the tunnel, ill start on it i spose
Back to top Go down
ZirraNova

ZirraNova

Humor : Puns are the best.

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 am

Maybe if there's room & not lava death waiting, a subterranean tunnel, so that there's nothing obstructing the surface, but people can still get back & forth?
I admit I don't work in the Nether...at all. So I have no idea how it's built under the surface. OTL
Back to top Go down
http://zispot.tumblr.com
bzkcarter

bzkcarter

Humor : none

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 am

If no one else does Ill work on it after I get my airship done
Back to top Go down
MrMeowys

MrMeowys

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 am

If water worked in the nether, i'd make a waterslide Sad
Back to top Go down
ZirraNova

ZirraNova

Humor : Puns are the best.

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 am

That would be awesome, Nath. Too bad about water not working. XD
Back to top Go down
http://zispot.tumblr.com
Wilum1

Wilum1

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 am

Hmmm I'm not sure where the actual town portal is, but it can't be far from mine? And it isn't really far to run to my portal. So maybe instead of a rails, all we need is some sort of canopied walkway.

I'm thinking of the sort of thing you did to your portal Carter? That would offer protection, but could look really nice, offering views of the Nether as you walk through it. Would need to put a few entrances in along the way though, so people can get in from outside and not just from the hub.
Back to top Go down
Luysita

Luysita

Humor : Dark, Very Dark
Awards : New People Empty
DIAMONDS! EMERALDS! fdgddhgsfj

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 3:57 pm

The portal in the village to the nether, is near kaos house. It's not that far away from the hub, you just need to run lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.namelesscraft.org
bzkcarter

bzkcarter

Humor : none

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 am

Wilum1 wrote:
Hmmm I'm not sure where the actual town portal is, but it can't be far from mine? And it isn't really far to run to my portal. So maybe instead of a rails, all we need is some sort of canopied walkway.

I'm thinking of the sort of thing you did to your portal Carter? That would offer protection, but could look really nice, offering views of the Nether as you walk through it. Would need to put a few entrances in along the way though, so people can get in from outside and not just from the hub.

On it
Back to top Go down
Wilum1

Wilum1

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 am

bzkcarter wrote:
Wilum1 wrote:

On it

Yay! Go Carter! If anyone can make it look awesome, you can!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New People Empty
PostSubject: Re: New People New People I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New People

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NamelessCraft :: Rubbish :: NamelessCraft 1.0 :: SUPPORT-